Don't freak out on me---these are all just suggestions and goals. You don't have to be Wonderblogger and do them all each time.
I've even included a helpful little printable checklist just for you! Print away!
What Can I Do on Days I Don't Post?
Read Read Read! Ideally, you started a blog because you actually like to read other blogs, right? Well, spend this off time catching up on all your favorites! With the busyness of the day and nurturing your own blog we often don't have to time to read some great posts. And while you're at it...
1. Leave 5 (meaningful/engaging) comments on other blog posts
2. Explore and find 4 new blogs to follow! Do you use Bloglovin? Let Helene be your guide.
Give Your Blog a Tune Up Just like a car your blog can get rusty without proper maintenance and care! Spend some time making sure everything is working as it should or do that update or improvement you've been putting off.
1. Check for broken links! Broken links are not only annoying but can discourage your audience
2. Name your post photos. This little step can seriously increase your SEO rating. Jana has a great Tutorial.
3. Label and categorize your posts.
4. Brainstorm 2 new post ideas
5.Update your old post intros and add in long tail keywords. What is a long tail keyword? Amanda from Meet@TheBarre tells all here!
Social Media Checklist
Twitter: Twitter is about so much more than just dropping in links to your posts. Want to really get involved in the blogging community? This is your best resource.
1. Put a spin on your old posts and tweet out links using #archive
2. Share the love and RT 5 posts from other bloggers!
3. Find 5 new tweeters to follow.
4. Lastly, it never hurts to get ahead of the game on scheduling your tweets for the next few days.
StumbleUpon: Do you stumble? If not definitely start by signing up. SU is a great way to not only support your fellow bloggers but also get high traffic. When I first experimenting with SU this post from Jaelan@Making Mrs. M was so helpful.
1. Spend 5 minutes just stumbling. The more you stumble, the more your posts get stumbled. Fact.
2. Find 3 of your favorite bloggers to be friends with on SU. I'll be your SU Friend--@Bldeskins11.
3. Stumble 2 posts from other bloggers that strike your fancy.
Pinterest: Pinterest is a huge ally for bloggers. What other platform can you so readily expose your content to 72 million people? I'm devoting an entire month to growing my blog with Pinterest, but just a few tasks can also make a big difference!
1. Organize your boards and create custom photo covers ( I like this tutorial).
2. Update your descriptions for any of your original pins. Do you know how important pin descriptions are for growth? Here's 6 Tips for Writing Effective Pin Descriptions.
3. Follow 5 new Pinners. Maybe they'll follow you back? Maybe one of their pins will spark a post idea? Or, maybe you'll see a dinner recipe for tonight? There's no loosing with this one.
Instagram: Instagram is becoming my favorite social media platform. The community is huge and you can easily get exposure with a little effort. Does your blog have its own account? I just recently created one for The Lady Lawyer and have seen big results.
1. Follow 5 new bloggers or companies/brands that peak your interest
2. Like (heart) 10 photos on your feed AND Like 10 photos of users you don't follow
3. Go back to old posts and insert relevant hashtags. Let this post from Sarah@VenusTrappedInMars be your guidebook.
Feel free to print and share this checklist!