Thursday, May 21, 2015
26 Amazing Things About Having A Sister
Today's post is dedicated to my little sister Bethany because today is her 26th birthday!
Beth and I are only 15 months apart so I literally do not remember life without her. She robbed me of being an only child and the perks that come with it (way too early) but now I'm more than happy she cramped my style and entered the world.
To celebrate her birthday and gratitude for having a sister I've put together 26 Amazing Things About Having a Sister. I could list so many more but for sake of a theme stuck with 26 :)
1. Family events are much more entertaining (err bearable)
2. It never gets old to make fun of your parents' quirks
3. You have a forever bestie
4. She will look at countless snapchats of your dogs (and reciprocate with her own)
5. It's actually fun to share your clothes now
6. She will never hesitate to put you in your place and tell you you're being irrational and to get over yourself (just me?)
7. She literally remembers back when...insert anything
8. You've seen the best and worst of each other but choose to remember the best
9. You can recite movie/tv quotes of your childhood and laugh every time
10. The only person you can scream and bicker with one minute then be completely fine like nothing happened the next
11. Having an entire conversation via text using only emojis and never miss a beat
12. You can ask her any and every embarrassing question you may have
13. She will tell you that outfit actually does make you look fat..but knows exactly which one to suggest that will look great
14. The amount of inside jokes you have are endless
15. Your weekends together consist of takeout and Dateline...and it's amazing
16. She will always have your back no matter what and not afraid to stick up for you around others
17. She remembers your mullet (my father's fault), middle school perm, blue eyeshadow, and every other horrible style decision you've ever made
18. You know every bad ex-boyfriend and horrible dating decisions each other has ever made
19. Sending Dubsmash videos back and forth until you're both in tears from laughing
20. You take annual Christmas pajama photos together every year...without fail
21. You haven't lived in the same house or city in over 10 years but you're closer than ever
22. The one person you can always be yourself around and never feel judged
23. You competed against each other all throughout childhood..but now she is your biggest cheerleader
24. You are great teammates in games such as Taboo because you can read each other's mind with just a few words
25. She will always read your blog (Beth, this is a test)
26. She may not always agree with your decisions, but she always supports you
I hope everyone is lucky enough to have a sister by blood or the equivalent!
What's your favorite thing about having a sister?