Saturday, April 11, 2015
5 Books to Read In April
I realize I'm a few days behind on this but that pretty much is the story of my life so we'll go with it. Warm weather always gets me in the mood to read. There is nothing better than sitting outside in the sun (or under an umbrella if you're neurotic like me) and enjoying a light read...especially if there is a cold drink nearby. I read all day at work..very boring, tedious, difficult stuff. So, when I'm reading for pleasure give me the fluff. I have no shame in chick-lit.
Have you all checked out Goodreads? It's such a fun site. The site helps you keep track of what you have read, what you're currently reading, and what you want to read. There are also reviews of every book imaginable. You can follow me here and I'll friend you back :)
Here are my 5 choices for April...
1. #GIRLBOSS: “I have three pieces of advice I want you to remember: Don’t ever grow up. Don’t become a bore. Don’t let The Man get to you. OK? Cool. Then let’s do this.” That's good enough for me! I love any female empowerment book and especially one that tells a true story of how a lady makes it BIG following her passion. Sophia Amoruso is the CEO and founder of Nasty Gal the huge online clothing site that focuses on all things vintage. She started her business selling clothes on Ebay..I'll let you read the rest :)
2. Bread and Wine: A Love Letter to Life Around the Table with Recipes: Bread and wine=two of my favorite things so the title alone is enough to drag me in. Blogger Shauna Niequist put together this collection of recipes with corresponding essays about how food brings together and influences family and relationships. I think this would be such a cool coffee table book!
3. The First Husband: The title immediately made me LOL. I've heard of a starter wife so it's about time "first husband" was coined. This book has so many positive reviews and seems like a fun, light, and comical read.
4. The Rest of Her Life: I actually started this book earlier in the week and am hooked. Fun fact..I picked up this book at Half Price Books last month as I was looking for other Liane Moriarty titles since I was crazy about What Alice Forgot and The Husband's Secret. Coincidentally both lady authors share the same last name and first initial. But I'm not mad about it because I found a new author I like! The story centers upon the relationship between a mother and daughter and how their dynamic changes after the daughter accidentally runs over and kills a classmate.
5. The Sweetness of Forgetting: This book is on my to-read list after I finish The Rest of Her Life. A tale of a woman's journey from Cape Cod to Paris to uncover a family secret for her dying grandmother. I'll let you know more after I finish it!
Linking up with the great Ms Modern Darcy!
I'd love to hear book suggestions from you! What's on your reading list this spring?